What a nice surprise! Allison from AccidentallyAllison has has nominated me and 10 other bloggers for a Liebster Award. Thanks Allison!
I’ve done some research into what this means and have discovered that it is an award given by bloggers, to other bloggers. It is to recognize their hard work and dedication to this craft. Apparently German in origin, it seems the word Liebster has many meanings including dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. All good things!
I have to answer 11 questions that Allison has created and then create my own for my list of nominees. It’s fun!
These are the directions I was given for accepting this nomination:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Create a blog post on your site and display the Liebster award logo
- Answer the 11 questions assigned by the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new bloggers for the Liebster Award
- Give your nominees a list of 11 questions they have to answer to keep the love going
- Notify the nominees
- Post your Liebster award blog post link in the comments column of the blogger who nominated you
11 Questions Given to me by Allison
- What makes your blog different? It’s mine! There’s all sorts of interesting and diverse topics covered.
- How often do you post? Sometimes I post daily for a month at a time when I’m doing a writers challenge. On average though I aim for 2-3 a week.
- What’s your favourite quote? This one:
- What’s your favourite blog to read? I have many – with incredible willpower, I limited my list to 11 and they are nominated below.
- How would you describe your blog’s message? I hope my blog portrays that there are lots of things in this world that are interesting, our job is to see them. My job is to bring some of them to your attention.
- How is your writing different now than when you first started blogging? I have learned that writing like ‘me’ vs. what I think people are looking for, is better for me and my readers. Things were stilted in the beginning. I’ve learned so much about my images too – I love taking pictures and have been able to make them a big part of my blog posts and the feature images.
- Where do you want to retire to? Retire? Let’s be realistic.
- Tell me something not many people know about you? I starred in a reality tv show on the Oprah Winfrey Network a few years ago – with my family and a bunch of other families.
- Which one: Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest? Instagram!!! I LOVE my Instagram!
- Have you received any other awards in the world of blogging? Every comment on my blog or social media platforms is an award in my opinion.
- Describe your writing style in one word: Eclectic.
11 Blogs Nominated (in no particular order – and it was hard to pick only 11!)
- Mommies Drink
- Dip Diva
- One Heart One Family
- Modern Housewife
- Green Moms Collective
- Whine and Cheese
- The Inspired Home
- Positively Patty
- Talk Nerdy to Me
- The Joy of Cooking for Little Assholes
- Totally Inappropriate Mom
My question for the nominees
- What is your favourite thing about yourself?
- Why, why, why do you blog?
- What is your biggest blog challenge and how do you deal with it?
- What is your favourite thing to blog about?
- What do you least like to blog about?
- Which social media platform are you most comfortable with and do you have a tip for using it?
- If you could talk with one person, alive or dead, who would it be and what would you discuss?
- If you could choose one superpower, what would it be and why?
- What book have you always wanted to write?
- IOS or Android?
- What are you most looking forward to about this bright and shiny new year 2016?
That’s it! Now, dear nominees, please go ahead and nominate some blogs, answer these questions, (bwahaha!), and have fun!
Thanks! I look forward to reading them!