I had the opportunity to learn from pro-pinner Paula Coop McCrory at the Blissdom Canada conference today and I wanted to share some of the tips right away!
- Become a business account to allow for analytics and rich pins, track the demographics for your followers, and find out best times and days to post – when your audience is active;
- Have many images available for people to pin – what appeals to one person might not appeal to another;
- Pin 10 – 20 images on Pinterest a day for success – scattered throughout the day not all at once;
- For images, no more than one third of the image should have words on it; de-personalize fashion images ie. shots of outfits without faces, your feet, the part of the body with the article on it;
- Create your own content and spread it out amongst your boards vs having one board for all your blog. posts.
Thanks for the info Paula! Please check out Paula’s amazing Pinterest world here.
If you’d like to have a look at my Pinterest boards check them out here.
Tell me yours!
Check out this group of awesome bloggers who are doing this #fiveonFriday posting too: